A Journal of a Racecar Driver

"Go Fast and Take Chances!"

Monday, May 2, 2011

First Race Of the Season 2011...the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

After several month of putting the car together...I finally got to race...But ....there was a lot of good, a tough bad and a little ugly.  :)


Sooo Here the story....I got back Thursday afternoon from a collage trip with my school (by the way I'm not planning on going and I'm sick of people telling me that I need too...like you'll be a loser if you don't go to collage....I might just have to prove them wrong)!!!  Anyway... Dad had been working hard to get the car put together but it was taking longer than he had hoped and we still needed to dinno it....That never happened!

After staying up until 2:00 in the morning on Friday, the car still wouldn't start...we went to bed tired and frustrated!!  Dad got up early Saturday morning and I woke up to one of my favorite sounds...The roar of the engine.....So that was good!!!  (Apparently it was a computer problem).

 We painted the car flat black and it looks great...Puget Sound Auto Body has been very good to us!!! :)  After lots of debate we finally deiced on the decals (The 3G and flames) but it took us to long, Sign Mart couldn't get them done in time...but it will be worth the wait....Anyway we put my numbers on with masking tape...that's where the Ugly comes in......but it got the job done.  (Sorry I don't have any pictures of the numbers...believe me they were nothing to see).

Drew, Dad and I loading up
             We loaded up the car and headed to the track...hoping everything was done!


I'm the black car in the back
Out of 14 cars, I had the FAST TIME in qualifying...which was Good...very Good...It's been a while!
That put me in the back of my heat race...Good because you get passing points!  I made it to the front in 4 laps and held on to a good strong lead.....

Leading the race
   I took the checkered flag and was looking forward  to the A main...........

Now comes the Bad...Very Bad...My car wouldn't start...They even pushed me half way around the track with the truck...still wouldn't go....
And that was it....I was done for the night...never getting to race the final race. 
Anyway thats my weekend...Whats yours?


Unknown Mami
Garret 3G Racing

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails